Thursday, January 26, 2006

Proclamations of love and stuff like that

...Wait, so what am I supposed to be writing now...?
OH YEAH! EPISODE TWO!!
Gollllly I was up too late that night! What was I talking about? Episode Two??!
Lol well I know I'm a day behind. Sorry 'bout that, but better late then never, right? Right??
I never really believed that saying. Huh.
ANYWAYS! (Can you tell I'm a bit scatterbrained tonight? Why do I always write at night to begin with?! I'm an idiot! :P)

So right. Penny said "Jenna, what the HECK are you doing??!" and I jumped nearly out of my skin, my eyes popping open, and jumped to my feet.
"Ummmm," I said, mortified of course. "Well...I know it may have looked crazy, but Jeremy was being a controlling boyfriend! I had no choice! Thank God you arrived in time to save me!"
Penny stared at me for a moment, as I bit my lip to keep from laughing, then dropped her bags and threw her arms around me.
"My gosh Jenna, it's good to see you! You're even crazier then I remembered!"
I found myself tearing up a little at her heartfelt sentiment.
Once we'd hugged and all that good stuff, I ran over to the car where Angel was being helped out by her mom, and you have to swear not to let Angel read this entry, Penny, because I'm about to get honest. I know EVERYONE says, when they have a friend who's been sick, that they look totally different - worse, then they'd expected. But jeeze, getting out of that car Angel looked tiny. She looked sick. She didn't look like the Angel I played Twister with. And I had to force myself not to hesitate from reaching down to hug her, because I was almost afraid of breaking her. When I stood back up Jeremys eyes met mine, seeing the same thing I was, and I blinked back tears.

She's better now, I know. She'll regain her strength. We'll just have to keep praying it lasts.

After Pennys mom and Angel and Penny and just about everyone exclaimed over all the flowers, (which, btw, were practically dead now because we'd been idiots and put them out in the cold!), we all headed inside. It was strange going into that silent, quiet house, full of memories of the months before. But, it was a LOT warmer, and we soon settled in, talking and eating the brownies mom had made as a welcome home present. Fairly soon, a lot sooner then I'd hoped, anyways, Angel had to go and rest, so Penny and I headed outside on a walk around the neighborhood to do some catching up.
That was one of the best walks I've had in a long, long time. It was great to get some things off my chest I'd needed to talk about, like how Mom and Dad were being kind of weird about Jer and my relationship - stuff like that. Penny had some interesting news too. I happened to ask her what she thought she was going to do next, for acting, and she got really quiet for a minute.
"I think I'm just going to concentrate on school for now... I want to get really good grades this year."
"Oh..." I said, "well, that's cool! How come?"
She stopped and looked at me, head on. "I think I've decided to become a nurse."
I blinked, and then smiled, knowing exactly what to say. "Ohmygosh, that is SO you! Why didn't I see it before??"
She broke out into a huge grin, kind of jumping up and down. "You really think so??!"
"Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes!" I danced around her, singing it, and then, being the klutz that I am, tripped and fell into the snow. "I totally did that on purpose," I said as she laughed at me. "See? I'm making a snow angel!"
And I did so.
She laughed and flopped down next to me, making her own snow angel.
And I realized just how great it is to have my own best friend back.

If you're reading this Penny, here's me, saying - I AM SO FREAKING GLAD YOU'RE HOME!

Huh, I've been reading over my other entries, and this one especially, and noticed how I kind of tell things like a story... like, is that normal??? Ha, ha.

Anyways, um I meant to finish up "The Last Days" tonight, but I don't know if it's going to happen! :O Well, I guess basically I should say that Penny and Angel seemed to really like the show... I was so, so nervous for some reason to perform for them, especially Penny I guess because she was the original Bella you know! But nothing catastrophic happened, (thank God), and I felt extra happy and satisfied at the end, knowing that the one person who'd really gotten me to do it was sitting in the audience. And sorry, no I don't mean you, Penny.
Angel came backstage to give me flowers after the show. She was so sweet, even though I could tell she was tired. Jeremy came into my dressing room while she was in there, and helped me get my makeup off (something he likes to do, for some strange reason...), and the entire time Angel was giving me this knowing little look.
"Fine!" I eventually burst out, "you were right! Stop looking so smug, you little bugger!" Jeremy scooped her up and started tickling her, and she, being an eight year old despite all other evidence, went into hysterical giggles.
I do love that girl.
That's why I can't bear to see her sick.

Well, it's bed time again for this tired actress. More later!

Love you all,
J.

No comments: