Saturday, January 21, 2006

I can't believe it.
It's almost over. Only two more days people. Two more short days of being Bella. It's a really sad feeling, to be so close to the end, but at the same time I'm super, super excited to see my dearest Penny and Angel tomorrow!!! It's been waaay too long, I think I would have died if you guys didn't come back soon.
This last week has been crazy. I'm not even talking normal crazy, I'm talking crazy, crazy! But I guess I should start at the beginning... ("a very good place to start!" hehe)
Well, last weekend was pretty normal... I was doing shows every day obviously, not much was going on... all that. Then on Monday, well just a couple of days ago, I guess, I got sick. My timing is just brilliant, I know. So it's my last week of this amazing, once-in-a-life-time show, and I came down with a really bad cold. I'm still recovering from it now, but it's a lot better then it was. Monday I was really, really sick and of course I have no understudy since I'M the understudy, so I had to go on! It was pretty, ummm... sucky, but I knew I just had to do it and everyone was really nice. Jeremy kind of held me up subtly in parts, haha. I don't know how I did or anything, in fact I don't really remember that performance at all... it's completely blanked out, somehow.
But that's not the end of the story, don't hold your breath. Oh yeah, I could see you hoping. Hah! Too bad, there's more! Lol, so by Wednesday this week I thought I was pretty much better, I was on a ton of medications and felt fine. I did the show in the afternoon, and it went fine of course and so I didn't bother to take a little nap before the evening one. BIG MISTAKE! By the time 8:00 came around I was so freaking tired I could barely see strait... I certainly couldn't see well enough to know I was overdosing on my medications! No joke, I took too much. Fortunately it wasn't enough to make me seriously sick, no stomach pumping or anything like that. However, I got onstage that night, opening number and all, and looked out at the audience, and every ones faces went really blurry... sound mushed together in my brain, and I don't even know whether I said my first line or not. I mean, I guess I must have since I don't think the show stopped or anything, but I know Jer and Cassandra and others could tell something wasn't right. After the first scene I kind of stumbled off stage mumbling to myself, and Jer ran after me in time to catch me just as I fainted.
Yeah, I fainted.
Sigh.
Movie Man came running backstage, and Lila and Mike happened to catch him to find out what was going on... what they both were doing in the audience that night, I have no idea. Their capability to predict trouble in the Twilight world is really a little unsettling. But anyways they all came running backstage, where I was sitting in the one available chair, just waking up. I remember opening my eyes to see Jeremy and Lila peering down at me worriedly, AGAIN. It brought back strange memories, let me tell you. Lila started bossing Movie Man around, and he actually obeyed her! It was the most amazing thing I've ever seen! She told him to go get water and something for me to eat, and he RAN! As fogged out as I was, I still couldn't help cracking up a little at that, and Jeremy looked at me and said "Good, you're still alive!" and then started laughing too. Lila gave us both her evil eye, haha.
Anyways they brought me the food, and after I ate and drank some I definitely felt better. It was then that I thought to, you know, look around and see what part we were at and when I had to go on next... all that unimportant stuff. Not! I kind of bolted from my chair in a dizzy panic, and despite Lila and Mikes protests, managed to dash onstage JUST in time!
The next day Thursday mom and dad of COURSE gave me trouble about going back. They said it wasn't safe, I could hurt myself, etc. I know they were just trying to look out for me, but come on this is my last week of the show, I not going to flunk out at the very end!! Despite my protests they made me stay in bed all day till the evening show, and Dad accompanied me to my dressing room, and then stayed for the performance. I would complain, but I just love having him around again. I missed him so much. He seems to really like the show too, which makes me happier then anything else. And you know, I am starting to feel better about everything that went on... I hope I am, at least.
Anyways so Thursday was yesterday, it went fine, and I'm mostly all better today. I'm going to be completely well for tomorrow, when my own best friend and Angel return!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I'm soo super excited, I doubt I'm even going to sleep tonight. Ahhhhhh!!!
And now I've got to run, Jer's picking me up to go out for dinner before the show. I can't believe he still likes to hang out with me, despite my germs and the fact that he sees me every day anyways! But I can't imagine doing this; being Bella - with anyone else. Because I really and truly, love my Edward.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yi6FcJise5E&mode=related&search=
Isn't music better then words?

Love you all,
J.

No comments: