Friday, February 17, 2006

The junk my life's made of

Well the last few days have been kind of crazy! I've had rehearsals every night, of course, and school has been a little overwhelming. Just, what, three - four more months till summer?? Ugh. I can't wait.
Home work is hideous. Just have to say. However, since Twilight I do seem to get along with everyone a lot more... I love the kids in drama class. Well, I just love drama class no matter what. How could I not, considering Jeremy takes it and Mike teaches??! I get lots of hugs there. It's nice. That's the amazing thing about theater people; they're huggy. Like teddy bears.
...Rehearsals have been going well. Well, okay, scrap that. Rehearsals have been going well for everyone except me. I seem to be struggling a little. Helen is freakishly hard to play!! I can't seem to get into her mind-set, which is hindering everything I do, and wow it's hard to memorize my blocking. I don't want to sound whiny, and I'm sure it'll get better... it's just I don't have any lines, right? So I'm moving constantly, but I can't just do random stuff. I have to remember exactly where I'm supposed to go and what I'm doing every time or it will completely mess everyone up. And I have to do it all with my eyes glazed over, I can't ever react when people speak, and I have to be in my own little world but paying complete attention all the time.
So, it's a challenge.
Which is what I wanted, obviously.
I just get stressed easily, in case you couldn't tell. Haha.
It's great having Jeremy there though. He gives me massages after every practice. He's not very good at them, admittedly, but it's sweet anyhow. :)
The only thing I really like about rehearsals right now, is hanging out with Tristan, just because he's really awesome. He talks non-stop, but it doesn't bother me at all, and it distracts me sometimes, from freaking out. Which, um, is a good thing.
Two nights ago we actually planned to get a group together, to go see Dream Girls in theaters. He said he was going to invite a few old theater friends, and I should too. So of course I invited Jer, and, (guess who?!) Penny.
Yes, my own dear Penpen who wants a man of her own.
*cough*
Anyways, it's not going to be in theaters for much longer, so we actually planned it for the next afternoon, which was yesterday! I kind of had to DRAG Penny there, because she was being all studious and unsociable and all that kind of crap. And come on, this is Pen we're talking about!! Since when is she unsociable?! Really?!
I guess I'm just going to have to keep reminding her who her true self is. Heh.
No seriously though, I think it's great she's so dedicated to being a nurse now. But you've got to have some fun sometimes!!!!! And that's what I'm here for. ;)

Ugh, I keep getting distracted. My life is a constant running from what I'm doing to pretend to be blind and deaf randomly. Pretty soon I'm going to start doing it at school. That should be fun.

WELL, so I met Jer and Penny at the movie theater, and we went inside and soon tracked down Tristan's group. He looked a teeny tiny bit disappointed I'd brought Jeremy, and I felt kind of bad. But then, I'd brought Penny too, and that was the important thing! I introduced her, then he introduced all his friends. There were actually only two, but they were both super cool. There was Sebastian, (who's almost certainly gay), and Kayla. They call her Kay. I have no idea why. Haha. Sebastian was wearing the classic wacky theater hat, ginormous sunglasses (inside, yes) and multitudes of rings. He was a little hyper, super outgoing, and made me feel like one of the group immediately. While we waited in line to get our tickets, he enacted excitedly parts from Wicked, which we had jumped into discussing immediately.
Sigh.
I love that show.
And Sebastian would make a GREAT Fiaro. Even if he is gay. Haha.
Kay is like the totally opposite of Sebastian. I mean, really totally opposite. She's got this gorgeous chocolate brown skin, and curly black hair, and she's really quiet. Really nice, but really quiet - well, kind of like me... She's shorter then me, and super petite. We started talking, and I found out she's a dancer, in fact, she sort of half offered to give me some lessons! :O Exciting!!
It ended up that we all went into the theater in pairs. Jeremy and Sebastian, talking excitedly about, (guess what?!) The Little Mermaid, Penny and Tristan, and me and Kay. I made sure to sit next to Jer for the movie though, since that's just what we do, you know, so Kay and Sebastian sat next to us, and then on the very end were Penny and Tristan. They seemed to get along great. Somehow, I'm not surprised. I drilled Penny about it later, but more on that in a moment.
The movie was really great. It has some AMAZING songs, and by amazing, I mean amazing!! Jeremy and I will have a competition to see who can buy it for each other first, I'm sure. I'm also sure I'll win... okay not really, but I'm going to try SO hard to win this time. I am NOT fine with being a loser anymore!
=P
The most amazing song in the whole thing, I think, was Listen, written and performed by Beyonce (who, by the way, is actually a very good actress!) The song doesn't sound as good sung all fancy, but the way it was in the movie was so powerful and amazing. She's got a gorgeous voice. I wish I could find the actual scene from the movie, cause that's best, but I can't, so you'll have to be happy with the music video below. I know some of her moves are realllllly strange....! All I can say is, listen to the music and emotion. It's great.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yMq92PDEKP4
After it was over we were all kind of quiet... maybe a little in awe or something, so we said goodbye fairly quickly and then set off in our different directions. I knew I would see Tristan again that night, so I didn't feel bad leaving right away. Besides, I wanted some alone time with Penny before rehearsal. I also got Kay's AIM, so we could talk some. We have been, and she's really been growing on me. She is really quiet in real life, but online... ohboy! She's really fun. And she's a writer too, which is cool. She's even got this blog for her made up character which I've started reading... neat, huh?
We had this hilarious conversation this afternoon, cause it seems she was in a really random mood... she reads so much, the stuff she comes up with is crazy!

Jennagirl13 (3:44:20): How was lunch?
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:44:40 PM): Hiiiilarious!
Jennagirl13 (3:45:05): Oh? How come??
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:45:10): You really want to know??
Jennagirl13: (3:46:07): Pshh, YES!
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:46:20): Okay well, my sister and I were talking about this article we read on a super cool site, about how the Japanese are so paranoid of crime that they've actually made clothing that can change into other stuff.
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:47:20): Like, they made this long skirt, that has wire under it, and if you think you're going to get mugged you can pop it up and it makes you into a vending machine!
Jennagirl13 (3:47:40): :O Seriously???!
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:48:21): Yeah!! So, we were telling my parents about this, right? And my Dad goes "Well what if the robbers just start poking vending machines, to make sure they're all real?!" and we all died laughing.
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:49:10): And then he goes, "Or what if someone actually tried to USE the vending machine?!" "And they attempt to put in the money and everything..." my sister cut in excitedely, "and when it doesn't work," I said, "they get mad and start kicking it!!"
Jennagirl13 (3:49:20): AHAHAHAHA!
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:49:40): And THEN, the 'vending machine,' starts yelling "HElP!" and runs away!
Kaykaytriplethreat (3:50:05): :P I'm still giggling, hehe.

Yeah so... she's cool like that. :D
And, in case I didn't mention it before, SHE'S GOING TO TEACH ME DANCE!!! AHHHH!

Sorry, I kind of got off track, didn't I? Well, after the movie Penny came over and we hung out for a bit. I couldn't wait to ask her about Tristan. We'd barely settled into my room, and turned on music, when I popped the question.
"Sooooo?"
"So what?" she played innocent, laying back on my bed.
"What did you think?" I bounced up and down next to her, filled with nervous energy.
"I liked it."
I glared at her. "I'm not talking about the movie, and you know that perfectly well, young lady!"
She sighed, and sat up. "I honestly don't have time for guys right now."
"Of course you don't," I patted her knee. "But he's hot, right??"
She rolled her eyes, but grinned, and I knew I'd won. "I guess you could say that."
I snickered.
"Get a life Jenna!" she shoved me over, "you have better things to be doing with your time then setting up your friends!"
I widened my eyes with astonishment. "I do??!"
She laughed, and and I poked her. "Sooo... you like him, right? What did you talk about?! You were together like the whole time!"
"He seems very nice."
"PENNY!"
"All right fine!" she finally gave in, laughing. "Yes, he's hot, yes there is potential for crush-ness. Yes, we hung out the whole time. What else do you want to know?!"
"Did you give him your phone number?"
She sighed, then nodded. I whooped. Rather loudly.
:D
Go me.
Haha.

In other news, I asked mom and dad about Jer and I going to NYC. It kinda went like this:
Me - So, I've been thinking about getting Jeremy a big present soon, because of everything he did during Twilight.
Mom & Dad - (Look at each other nervously)
Me - and I finally figured out what I want to do! Um, he's really into this new show... it's nothing bad, don't worry, just The Little Mermaid actually....
Mom - Mhmm?
Me - Well I thought it'd be really special if we could go see it in NYC...!
Mom & Dad - (Silence)
Dad - On your own?
Me - Well that would be nice but I mean I'm sure Lila would come...
Mom & dad - (Silence)
Mom - I don't know Jenna, we'll have to think about this. We don't want you getting into anything serious too fast, and that would be an awfully big present...
Me - Of course.
And then they went to their room and talked for awhile, and I went to my room and pretended I couldn't hear them, just like the old days. After awhile Dad came in. I was lying on my bed, staring up at my ceiling which has pictures from Twilight taped up all over it. He sat down next to me.
"Hey Jenna girl," he said, just like he used to when I was little. I turned my head and smiled at him.
"Well, what's the verdict?"
He sighed. "We aren't saying no... yet. But we aren't saying yes either."
I looked back at the ceiling. "You like Jeremy, don't you?"
"Of course we do! He's a perfectly nice kid, it's just... we wouldn't want him to hurt you, you know?"
I laughed, softly. "Like that could happen."
"You don't know what could happen," dad took my hand, "we don't want you to hurt him, either."
I turned to look at him again. "I never could."
He nodded, smiling, then got up. "Don't stay up too late."
"Of course not," I laughed, and he closed my door behind him gently.
I love having my dad back.
Our conversation got me to thinking though... what if I do hurt Jeremy someday? Will I be able to live with myself? How much longer can our perfect relationship last?
Ick. I don't want to worry about it, and I guess since I did tell dad I'd not go to bed too late, (*cough*) I should get off. This has kind of turned into a crazy, disastrous, mumble jumble post. Ah well.
I don't know how much I'll be able to post in the next couple weeks either. I have a feeling rehearsals are going to take over for my life. So ta-ta for now!

Love you all,
J.

1 comment:

LiterallyLauren said...

OH, I HOPE YOU GET TO GO!
How awesome would THAT be!?

[LaurenishnotetoANNA: AHAHA. TRISTAN. :D]


(and send my love to Penny!)
Lauren